Saturday, April 30, 2011

People Fancy

Given my size and stature, most people fancy me the typical canine. And sure, I enjoy walks at dawn and sunset. I want relief from itching caused by the common flea. And I appreciate a hearty kibble. But I am far from the usual dog. For instance, just today I chased a giraffe, watered more than a dozen lawns, and investigated a strange odor emanating from the kitchen. However, I think the most remarkable thing about my life is that I am able to get my companion to scratch my belly and chase me on command.

A bit about my companion... she is of the female persuasion and fairly tall, which is probably her one advantage over me. (No pun intended) I really like living with her; she brings me my food regularly and is quite good at "throw the ball." She and I moved around quite a bit last year after escaping a rather scary situation. I had to send her away for a retreat a couple of times, and up until a couple of days ago, I honestly thought she was going to need another one. However, she seems to be spontaneously rebounding in energy, which is good for me, because it is frustrating to be unable to take her on daily walks. Anyway, we are pretty settled for the time being. She works at a pet resort where they spend the whole day serving canines like me meals, coming on walks, and following behind our type with a mop and pooper scooper.

I have actually been there several times, and I enjoy the all-day retreat the resort offers. I think humans have something similar -- like if you cross their country club with those Kiwanis meetings. However, I prefer a more laid-back afternoon with one of my personal friends. Archie is my best friend and Izzy is my girlfriend. We don't always see eye-to-eye, but they are stand-up canines.

This blog has been a long time coming, and fortunately, I was able to sneak on the laptop today while my companion was lounging on the sofa. Although my days are fairly typical, I see quite a bit and have a lot of thoughts about what I do see. I feel privileged to be able to share it with a wide audience, and I hope you will return to this blog time and again as I post on my daily adventures!

2 comments:

  1. Tag, I'm so happy Archie is your best friend. I'm pretty sure Archie agrees because the black labs next door scare him a bit too much to be friendly with them. We miss you!!

    Amber

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ask Archie if he remembers the day we destroyed the pizza box in the kitchen. Boy, was that fun! And the look on your face, Amber... priceless.

    ReplyDelete